Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How to deactivate BSNL Caller tune

How to deactivate BSNL Caller tune ? Is BSNL Caller tune worth for the money ?
BSNL Caller tune doesnot seems to be good. One main reason is the cost is high, Rs 20 + Rs 12 every month.
Once you opt for the BSNL caller tune, when the caller calls, most of the time the caller will hear advertisement for their caller tune service. Before playing the song it says, "intha paattu ungalaukku pidichirintha udane star keyya press pannunga, copy pannunga" which means, if you like this song, press star immediately to copy this song to set it as your caller tune.
Why should we play advertisement for them after paying. The other reason is, most of the time it doesn't play song, it just rings as usual tring...tring...I set caller tune to my mobile at home most of the time I don't hear caller tune though we have sufficient balance in that mobile. Yes, for prepaid mobile, you might know that for activating the tune you should have minimum balance of Rs 50, but might not know that you should have a minimum balance of Rs 50 to play the caller tune. Once your balance comes comes below Rs 50, the caller tune will not be heared. Thats what the customer care executive told me.
Yes, for deactivating too you need Rs 50 minimum balance. And it takes minimum 24 hrs to deactivate after sending sms.
To deactivate
To deactivate sms BT DACT to 56700. You will be charged Rs 2 for sms. If your message fails saying, "Message not sent, try again later", you may have less than Rs 50 in your account.

Related Posts :



13 comments:

Chinmay Vinayak Joshi May 10, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Dear All,

I also came across the most hopeless service of BSNL Ring Back Tunes.

Use following SMS for deactivation

UNSUB ALL

to 56700

SMS charge 2 Rs.
Expected deactivation time - 48 hrs

This will Deactivate Caller Tune service as well as the Song charges.

Hope this helps.

Sameer N May 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

Thanks a lot Chinmay Vinayak Joshi for your valuable comment. It is more than a comment that it was a help on how easily you can deactivate the caller tune.

munish July 11, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

excellent,it is easy to deactive caller tune on BSNL.

MUNISH VERMA

Saikat Dasgupta,  July 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

Te worst of it, when I called up its Customer care the Stupid support person kept on explaining me how to buy a ringtone.When I finally succeeded making him understand that I want to deactivate the caller tune, he just started misbehaving and saying that wait for a few days and people will start hearing the Caller tune.On saying that it been more of a month, he just said on face its not possible and I am lying!!! This is just outrageous!!!

Sameer N July 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Hi Saikat Dasgupta,

Yes it is true that the customer service people at BSNL talk like this. They have some readymade sentences like, "Your account doesn't have sufficient balance", though you have more than Rs 100 balance, or they will say, wait for sometime etc.

Anonymous,  July 27, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

thank you for info

Anonymous,  September 5, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

if u want to deactivate ur caller tune den u have 2 rite unsubscribe in ur rite massage book without any space and send it 2 56700 n d charges is Rs.2

this is the rite procedure u hw 2 follow

Anonymous,  July 19, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

A very hopeless service from BSNL. Without my consent caller tune was activated and now I am struggling to contact the customer care. What a hell !

Anonymous,  October 2, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

u see i got a dialer tune without choosing it n paying for it in a bulk n on top that that stupid fellow was telling me u dialled a star on bla bla time on bla bla day

Anonymous,  October 19, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Dear All

May I hope this will help u for deactivation of caller tune from BSNL service

SMS following way

Type- BT DACT & send at on 56700
number
OR
BT DCT - 56700

hope it will helpful for u

SHRIKANT BADE

hs jaiswal,  November 3, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

I do not know shall I cry or laugh with this deactivation service. I have sent all the ways messages to 56700. such as unsub or unsub all. I use to get a message that sorry your request cannot be performed. try later. Please tell me exact procedure and code for SMS to deactivate this stupid service. Even I spend more than 15 rupees to speak on 56700 where it cost a 2.50 per minute. simply eating the money from the customers and not giving the proper service.

About Me

India
I am a Software Engineer based in Chennai, India. My hobbies are blogging, driving. You can contact me here, http://sameerbloggs.blogspot.com/2009/03/contact-me.html

Contact Me

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: All the information given in this blog is only my ideas and knowledge what I got from internet or other sources. For any interest rate, charges etc check the particular service as the charge might have changed. Regarding the intraday trading tips, this is applicable for that day only and also shouldn't be taken as advice. All the actions taken by you is responsible by you only. Thanks.

Back to TOP